Thursday, April 12, 2018

New Level Selection Room!

So I'm pretty excited about this one.

I was struggling to think of a way to make a level selection room. I know it should be a pretty simple and easy thing to do. You make a room with some pretty pictures for people to click on, then load up that level for people to play! Easy right?

Well I apparently had a hard time coming up with both what it should look like as well as how to make it function. I'm seriously jealous when I see people sit down and just write code out like they can see the Matrix! Unfortunately, I can't see the code... I have to type things out a thousand times until they do something remotely close to doing what I think they should be doing!

Anyway, as I was describing what my level selection room should be doing, it hit me.... why not just make it work like a level in the game?!? You can walk, jump, and wall slide through the room and pick your level. So that's what I did!


Here's another gif showing the verticality of the room...



So there we have it... a functioning and "fun" level selection room! Thanks for stopping by! I'm hoping to start to add some obstacles to the game now. Something to add some danger into the mix! Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moving Platforms (for real this time!)

Ok, so last time I posted about moving platforms, I thought I was done. Apparently I was not. :) Although I did have them working, they ap...