Thursday, July 5, 2018

Moving Platforms!

So it's been quite a while since my last update. I assure you, I've been working hard on the game in my absence. :)

I got stuck for quite a while on implementing moving platforms! My goodness those things were not as easy as I was thinking they would be. I mean, maybe they'd be easier if my code were completely different, but as it stands now... geeze they were a pain!

But I think I've finally gotten them to a point where they work the way I think they should work! One of the main issues I was having was what to do when they "crushed" the player. There was so many checks that I had to account for that made it very difficult to figure out. Or, at least that's what I thought. In the end, the solution actually was easier to implement than I thought.

(I know, I just said it was a pain then turned right around and said it was easy. What can I say, I'm a complicated person!)

But anyway, now that I have moving platforms sorted out, I can finally begin working on something else! So here it is, the gif of moving platforms that you've been waiting to see! (I sometimes like to pretend that someone is actually reading these blog posts!)


Thanks for stopping by. I hope to have another update soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moving Platforms (for real this time!)

Ok, so last time I posted about moving platforms, I thought I was done. Apparently I was not. :) Although I did have them working, they ap...